crystal river florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I go to CR several times a year, at least 2X a month in season. We prefer to ditch the cattle boats and head out on our own and kayak it. We own our kayaks but there are several operators to rent from. The first time we ever went to CR we rented from Aadrvark. They are amazing, especially since it was our first time ever kayaking. The paddle to the springs is about 20-30 minutes. You can go at your own pace and are not on anyone's schedule but your own. You can kayak right into the Three Sisters rather than swim in, and there are several places to easily get in and out of the kayaks. The best part is the times in between the boats when you have the springs and the manatees all to yourselves. If you plan on staying overnight, the Ecololodge is inexpensive and clean, although it is an older hotel. As for food, we like to have dinner at Cody's and catch up with Faye at the bar.

We have never scuba dived at CR, only snorkled. The only place we have heard is worth diving is King's Spring, but apparently the viz is usually terrible and the entry to the cavern is tight. Not something I would personally find enjoying.

If you have the time, check our Homosassa Springs State Park. You can do the park in about 2 hours. Well worth it!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom