Cssp 5-8-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TXScubaBear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
5-8-09_0009.jpg

We found the 'gator.......accidentally....

5-8-09_0011.jpg

Ain't he scary???

5-8-09_0025.jpg

Guardian of the SS Minnow

5-8-09_0020.jpg

Funny... I remember finding the gator the first time too. ' Looks like you had much better Vis. One mucked up Sunday afternoon I ran right onto it. I mean right into it's mouth :shocked2: I didn't even know there was a concrete yard statue reptile out there at the time. Then again, one night, the little guy surprised me as well. I visit him when ever I can.

Well worth it to find him. :D

Besides Cisco the Shark I guess it's the only other man made animal feature in the pond

As far as I know it does not have a name yet ........
We should name the little guy/gal !!! What should we call it ?

Are you going to tell us where you found him?? Or is it a big secret?:D

Rhonda

Rhonda, it really was by accident, the only thing we can surmise when we surfaced later was it's somewhere off the blue buoy platform (and the platform was at 47' with a nice 57 degree temp); the gator was at about 32', but heading-wise, couldn't tell ya

Timeliner.......good point, he's/she's so shy and avoids detection just don't know what we should name him/her...

Tx, the little dots around the fish, are those his little frys?

Nice find...way to go!!!

wow...didn't notice those, there were 3 of us and we actually didn't stir up anything from moving around....they almost look like it doesn't it? I remember when we approached the bow of the Minnow it came rushing out, like charging us, then backed off...

howdy Alan! Good to hear from you, hope you and your family are well....we miss ya but don't rush to get better to get wet...we need you 100% for your family first, then you can tend to your "other family" at the Swamp

Are you going to tell us where you found him?? Or is it a big secret?:D

Rhonda

West side of the lake on a rocky out crop in the grass lands between the boats and the platforms Northish of there.
It's an odd spot to just happen across for some reason ( sorta like the mine )
It's not deep ~ not too shallow. I know you have been right by it before.
I've only seen it 3 times myself.
There used to be a line on it's broken tail so somebody could wiggle it just out of view.

The gator used to move quite a bit. It was commonly used for lift bag practice. I'm pretty sure that's how its tail was broken.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom