CSSP Friday 10/21/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillT5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Dallas this week from Houston and am seriously considering taking my gear and getting a dive or two in at CSSP. My only problem is I won't be taking a dive buddy along. Is here any of you Dallas area Swamp Divers that might want to buddy up with me this Friday?

BillT5:
I will be in Dallas this week from Houston and am seriously considering taking my gear and getting a dive or two in at CSSP. My only problem is I won't be taking a dive buddy along. Is here any of you Dallas area Swamp Divers that might want to buddy up with me this Friday?

Good time to go - I was there last Friday & Sat, it's beginning to get better viz (10+), most of the hydrilla is gone, the biting bluegill population is way down (many thanks to all you spearfishers!!!). 77 at the surface, 75 at 41'. We were almost alone on Friday.

If you get away from the lake in time, come to the DFW area Buddyless/Single diver HH at

Big Buck Brewery and Steakhouse
2501 Bass Pro Drive #100
Grapevine TX 76051
214-513-2337

Starting at 7:30 until 11:00pm.

Markdone:
Good time to go - I was there last Friday & Sat, it's beginning to get better viz (10+), most of the hydrilla is gone, the biting bluegill population is way down (many thanks to all you spearfishers!!!). 77 at the surface, 75 at 41'. We were almost alone on Friday.

If you get away from the lake in time, come to the DFW area Buddyless/Single diver HH at

2501 Bass Pro Drive #100
Grapevine TX 76051
214-513-2337

I was there Sat and Sun. On Sat we had patches of better vis but I wouldn't call it good. On Sun it got worse. At times I could see my buddy if I stayed an arm length away but he would fade away if we got farther apart. I was near the plane, maybe it was clearer on the other end.

Dearman:
I was there Sat and Sun. On Sat we had patches of better vis but I wouldn't call it good. On Sun it got worse. At times I could see my buddy if I stayed an arm length away but he would fade away if we got farther apart. I was near the plane, maybe it was clearer on the other end.

"Better" is relative. Sorry if I didn't state it more "clearly". It was downright murky with algae the last time I was there in Sept - maybe 3-5 feet everywhere - couldn't see students across the platform, could barely see the form of the student/instructor in the middle of the platform. when perched on the side rail.

On Friday, we could see most of the length of the airplane, and from "Cisco" the shark's mouth to the end of his/her dorsal fin. Saturday was worse with more people, and I was away from the platforms for that reason.

Therefor, I declared "better" given the "improving" viz, and the still fairly warm water.

Mark

No problem. I just figured I'd state it was declining Sunday. Saturday I could see the length of the airplane but doing searches off the nose the vis dropped off. On Sunday I could see across the width of the fuselage but not much farther. Off the aircraft port side it was worse than that.

Markdone:

2501 Bass Pro Drive #100
Grapevine TX 76051
214-513-2337

Is that at the Bass Pro Shop, or in the same building?

Back
Top Bottom