CSSP map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To find the coffin... get to the Silos... follow the wall untill you get to the rock bluff where ScubaToys built their platform, shoot a course from there to the airplane. Follow the bottom. There is a rock ridge that will appear...follow it. If you find the rock ridge on the way to the plane, you're close. The coffin is sitting at an angle down in the rocks... if you don't swim OVER it, you won't see it.

I haven't seen the mine (but have heard of it). The Gator is new to me...

We have been to CSSP two times looking for the coffin. Then I was told that it can be moved pretty easily. I may find it someday but it may be with just pure luck :shakehead:.

Much appreciated. I will have to check that out the next time I'm out there. Although, I have to admit, I am not real hip on paying $20 to go diving anymore. Might be some time in July or August or maybe 2010 before I get back out there.

Yes, Virginia, there really is an alligator in there. As for the coffin, I keep hearing how it's been moved, but it's always in the same place when I go....

Alright, without giving it completely away, can I get a clue as to where to look for it?
General area, general description of topography and required water depth would be appreciated. Or any other alternative reasonable criteria without completely giving away the location would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alright, without giving it completely away, can I get a clue as to where to look for it?
General area, general description of topography and required water depth would be appreciated. Or any other alternative reasonable criteria without completely giving away the location would be appreciated.

Thanks

I know were the gator is...my fee is $20 for the CSSP dive of your life!!! :eyebrow:

Haven't seen the gator yet? I guess it's ok to give you a clue. Somewhere between the stairs by rv hook ups and the platform. It might be kind of rocky finding it. He's not very big 4 ft tops but more likely 3 ft. The poor guy is looking kinda rough these days. I think it's due to all the gator wrassling.
Has anybody noticed all the baby catfish in the pockmarked silt. It seemed like every other hole had a tiny catfish fry wriggling around the bottom. Maybe I never noticed before because the viz hasn't been this good in years.

Cheers,
Rich

Thank you Scubablue!
Tex, you are just nuts! No way am I giving you $20. A free Mexican meal at La Roca, maybe.

I have to go look for this gator thing now. Thanks. I have a new purpose to go to CSSP.

Tex, you are just nuts! No way am I giving you $20.

.........:rofl3:

It's sorta like finding that dang 'mine' on that chain suspended in the pond. The gator is probably 3ftish....not to be confused with the Oklahoma striking Amish!

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like there is quite a bit of stuff to find at CSSP. I have a million things going now , but I've already decided in March i'm going to make my first trip to CSSP. Any one planning on Mammoth Lake the weekend it opens?

Jay

Back
Top Bottom