CSSP - October 13th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Richerso and I will be at Clear Springs on Saturday diving if anyone wants to join us. I'll be driving a black 2003 Toyota RAV4 with a dive plate on the front. Hope to see some of the old crew there! I haven't been this year!!!

Woo! Hoo!

Report please.....thinking maybe Sunday for a dip. :wink:

Conditions were very pleasant for diving. There was a lot of particulate in the water or maybe it was an algae bloom. Either way, viz was limited to 6 ft. or less. Temps were 84 F on the surface and 79 F at 32 ft. Sorry. We just didn't dive any deeper than that. We both decided that we liked ambient lighting. Things kind of went black somewhere below 35 ft and I am pretty sure there was a sharp thermocline at about 35 ft which I didn't feel like messing with.

First dive was a quality 58 minute tour along the NW shore line of the quarry.
The second dive was nice quality 70 minute tour of the SE "wall". The visibility was really poor over there for some reason. In places, the viz dropped to 6 inches. Kind of weird.

John... thanks for the report...I am heading out in a bit to see if I can stir up some additional silt!! :eyebrow:

John ... did you say.
"There was a lot of particulate in the water at CSSP" :rofl3:

Dude I gotta take you to Butterfly Cove :D

John ... did you say.
"There was a lot of particulate in the water at CSSP" :rofl3:

Dude I gotta take you to Butterfly Cove :D

Now have you gone and found another 'sweet' dive hole? :eyebrow:

Thanks for the report, John. Too bad I missed a chance to dive with you and galscuba again. I was out in West Texas this past week, but not Balmorhea.

Willie

It's all good Willie ! ! !

Back
Top Bottom