CSSP Vis???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How is the vis at CSSP? We're considering braving the cold water today, and need to leave soon if we're going at all... wondering if the vis has improved any? Last time we went it was probably 3-8 ft max. Anybody out there this morning?

Foo

Still interested in the vis answer... but we won't be going out today. Life just got in the way.

We went there on Halloween and things were pretty good... 15 feet at least clear and you could see your buddy in the haze for a ways after that. We did a afternoon dive and then the night dive. The water is cooler. You'll need your 7mm for sure. I think it was in the low 60's then.
I though about you guys this weekend. I could have used you to carry my gear up the stairs at Valhalla :D ( Haaaa...like that ploy would ever work!! :14: )

Say "hey" to that funny ~sunufabeatch ~ Don and have a happy Happy TG

Hey Hey, we're doing another flip-flop- we blew off our responsibilities and are on our way to get air fills at the firestation. We're going out to Tyler State Park instead. Closer and lots cheaper. LOL. Gonna hang around our brushpile a while, Frank, then treasure hunt a bit. I'll say hi to the fishies for ya. Yall have a great Thanksgiving also- put some thought to making a trip to the Comal the week between Christmas and New Years. We might take our travel trailer up there and just stay for a while. Let me know!

Foo

Out there yesterday... temp is high 60's, vis is a crystal-clear 5 feet.

mongoose:

Man it is a bummer when vis is way below par....Did they get a lot of rain or is the lake turning over ?
Here is some food for thought .....Maybe the scubaparks should charge 1.00 PER FOOT OF VIS.....eg: Yesterday they should of charged only $ 5.00..

Dave

Hey Mongoose, long time no read! I'm assuming you mean you went to TSP yesterday? My husband's gauges showed 53 degrees at 25', but I never looked at mine... I'm one of those "ignorance is bliss" kinda gals. Maybe his gauge is incorrect, kinda hope so, ha!

We did a 45 minute dive, the vis was probably the best I've seen out there, at least 5 good ft., like you said. ;o) In some spots I believe we had around 8, however. I sold my 7mm Henderson, it didn't fit me right. I layered two 3mm full suits, with my hood tucked between the two, and beanie over the hood. I never felt that "down the back" cold rush, the only thing that got cold were toes and fingers- I gotta get me some thicker gloves. One thing we were very grateful for was the nice hot showers at TSP. That really was a heckuva lot better than shivering and shaking while packing our gear. We had the lake to ourselves, saw some great bass, turtles, sunperch and lots of babies.

Foo

mongoose:

Hey Kerry... You look different. Maybe it's the ears... Who is that guy next to you wearing the glasses? :D

You might be happy to know Laura and I are still alive.

Mongoose,
Seriously, Don't pay any attention to TimeWarper guy or whatever he calls himself. I am richerso. Is that a rat terrier in your picture? What is his name?

For that matter, what is TSP? I know CSSP. What is TSP?

TimeLiner, Great Dive at Valhalla! ! ! ! I set a new depth record! 107 ft ! ! ! Woo! Hoo! ! ! Previous best was 94 ft. set just three weeks ago at Travis.
JR

TSP+ Tyler State Park. MUST make the TSP Treasure Hunt put on by Scuba Steve's next year in May.

Back
Top Bottom