CSSP weekend of July 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Planning on diving Sunday in my new Bare 2/3 full,,,,also trying out my new Mares V1 A/T BC. :wink:

Sorry guys just couldn't get away to meet up on Friday but am heading out this am to work class will try and hook up some time today or tomorrow - if I can get away!!

Kathleen and I ended up at the last tables down by the pontoon dock. We got there about noon and drove all up and down the side where Dee and Beast's gear up bench is located. I went up to every group up and down that whole side of the quarry asking,"Are y'all swampdivers?" All I got were blank looks. There was a different dive shop at each set of tables. Like a fool, I forgot to check the board before I left to see who drove what. We went back up to the check in desk and asked if they knew where y'all were. One lady pulled out the sign up sheet and we checked names. I saw Des's and Tom's names so I know y'all were out there. When I told her Des's and Tom's names she said," oh yeah I know them. They went up that way, but I don't know where they parked. I asked her if she knew what color cars you drove she said she didn't know what Tom drove and she couldn't remember what kind of car Des drove but Des's car was grey..or blue... or something. Needless to say, we didn't fine a blue or grey car...unless that grey Camaro was yours, Des...I didn't figure it was. :wink:

Anyhows, we ended up sharing a spot down with Emerald Sea Divers. One of the guys sharing our canopy said he knew Tom but hadn't seen him around.

I guess next time I need to do my homework a little better before we head out...sorry I missed you guys. We had a good time, though. The folks we shared a canopy with were nice, and the afternoon was just beautiful. It was nice and cool under the canopy, too. We checked out the plane. That was pretty groovy...haven't seen that before. Dang! that water seemed cold this time! At 50' that ol' 3 mil just don't do the trick, but I didn't really mind. Its kinda nice to be that darn cold outside in Texas in the middle of the summer. After toolin' around in that 50' water, it made 20' feel like bathwater!
They have really spiffed the place up with the new canopies and all. It looks really good. That has really turned into a nice place to go diving.

Sorry we missed y'all. I'll get my act together next time, and we'll hook up with ya then.

Yeah pink fins, everyone was wonderin' where ya were yesterday. It's real easy to find the crew on a fri., everyone was at the canopy by the beasty bench. :D

Jim didn't make it either yesterday. We need to get Gary's banner down there on a weekend. Gary? Where have you been hiding?

Head start on homework (no pun intended), yeah right. :D When's the next time y'all are thinkin' about being there Zag?

The gate lady (I really should know her name by now) sent me chasing 2Bit & Truckdiver in the wrong direction, too. I guess she just figured that's where I always go.

We were down at the SE stair entry because that's where rkr3000 & his wife were staying. Luckily I saw them headed in when I drove past. rkr3k said 2bit & Tdiver had already gone in so I parked and suited up.

I actually saw Tdiver & 2bit on my dive. I swam over to them when I saw Tdiver's neon yellow Octo hose. The guy looked right, but had a tank painted like a Lifesaver pack so I knew that wasn't him. When we were hanging out on the bank he showed me the new Lifesaver tank wrapper he got. (Doe!)

Texass:
The gate lady (I really should know her name by now) sent me chasing 2Bit & Truckdiver in the wrong direction, too. I guess she just figured that's where I always go.

Des, her name is Nancy.

Ya didn't happen to see my green Ikelite pca did ya?

Didn't think so, it probably fell outa the pocket over one of the weed beds. A bass is probably using it as a living room lamp now.

sealskin98:
Ya didn't happen to see my green Ikelite pca did ya?

We didn't see it on the last dive we did Friday. Sorry 'bout that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom