CUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK can you boat from the keys ( your own boat not a charter or commercial event ) and dive from their shores without dropping any money in Cuba. Cuba is on my list im a cancer survivor I will never call it a bucket list because my buckets probably 90% full already. That being said I want to float myself to Cuba from the Keys if morally I should keep my money out of Cuba can I get close enough to dive without having to enter a port clear customs and all that. My boat can make the round trip without fueling from Key West no problems. And Im optomistic next year i will take the time off.

I know I will have to check the facts before I ever attempt this but it is for a fact way up there on my list of things to do. Wonder where this responses on this will get spun off to.

We are booked to go in August for a land based trip, Havana then Veradero. 5 days diving. One day for a "cultural exchange" which is a requirement. As I understand it, when you come back through customs, you are not supposed to say that the purpose of the trip was tourism, but cultural exchange, or people to people, or words to that effect. Southwest has flights through Florida for about the same price as Cozumel.

If the trip goes well, we will probably put together several trip a year.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom