"Curacao or Disney World for next family vacation?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
That was the question my wife and I posed to our 12yr old daughter and 6yr old son yesterday as we try to decide what to do for this year's vacation. The answer was surprising. Not just because it was unanimous, but more so because it was instantaneous...

"Curaçao!!!"

When I pressed them for the reasons for this decision, the following were the first three "top of mind" responses
- It's great!
- We love it!
- Sunshine's brownies!

:shocked2:

We've been there twice and really enjoyed both trips. But I think you'd agree that this is more than a little surprising!

Additional reasons included
- The sand at Cas Abou
- Grote Knip vs Klein Knip (some disagreement as to preference there)
- Iguanas everywhere
- The paddle boats at Playa Kalki/OEW
- The pool at the Marriott
- The ribs at The Ribs Factory
- The beautiful water everywhere
- The palapas on the beaches
- Riding the floating bridge
- Seeing all the fish in the water

Still stunned with Curaçao blowing Disney World out of contention without a thought, I continued to press them for what else they remembered/liked/desired about Curaçao. After about fifteen minutes of interrogation, my six year old got quiet for a moment, and then meekly asked... "Daddy? Didn't you like Curaçao?" My daughter froze as if she had come to some life-changing realization, looked at her brother, then looked at me, and sullenly added "I suppose we could go to Disney World... if you want to."

"No, no, I love Curaçao. I just thought that maybe..." I continued.

But they stopped listening, and started singing "Yeah! We're going to Curaçao, we're going to Curaçao!!!"

Additional reasons included
- The sand at Cas Abou
- Grote Knip vs Klein Knip (some disagreement as to preference there)
- Iguanas everywhere
- The paddle boats at Playa Kalki/OEW
- The pool at the Marriott
- The ribs at The Ribs Factory
- The beautiful water everywhere
- The palapas on the beaches
- Riding the floating bridge
- Seeing all the fish in the water

Little Knip for the water, and Big Knip for the scenery.

I dont see..............

Playa Lagun

The Tugboat site

All you care to eat, and all the top shelf liquor you can drink at Breezes all inclusive(while drawing sweet per diem) :rofl3:

Hooks Hut Restaurant and bar

And most of all...........Amstel Bright beer!

July-August 2007 50 day work trip
October-November 45 day work trip.

hehehehehehehehehe

Well, it seems that Continental has suspended their Curacao flights from mid August through mid December!

Ugh!

The only way to get there otherwise for us is via connections that make the total travel time 9+ hours and departure/arrival times will cause us to lose one, possibly two full days traveling. Plus the fact that my zillions of OnePass miles will do me no good for free tickets on American.

:d

We love Curacao, but can't deal with paying for tickets, losing that much time, etc. We could fly first-class direct to Hawaii for free in roughly the same amount of time.

neverbeen to curaco but sounds nice, We have been to disney 4 times and Have a great time each and everytime. The best thing about disney is the customer service. they treat everyone the way you wanted to be treated. The peopl are very niceif there is something you don't like or to your liking they fix it with out a bunch of BS. Kids love it as they called princess/prince by all all cast members.

Alot to do and enjoy there from rides to show's and everything in between

Ray,
There is something I heard; I'm not remembering quite clearly. It's something about Continental is merging with another airline, maybe Delta? And then a flight possible from New York instead of Newark? Maybe starting this Fall? Also a possible Jet Blue flight from NY? Yeah, you'd think I'd know. Maybe someone else knows for sure. I'll ask around.

Another thought: We've done the Disney/Caribbean combined itinerary a few times. JFK/EWR/PHL/LGA/whatever to MCO/TPA/whatever. A few days at WDW. Tune your tropical bouyancy at EPCOT. Then depart for the tropics. Return the same approximate route a week or two later, stopping in FL for a day or so to catch your breath. Then home again, home again, jiggity-jig. This, however, is not for the timid traveler. YMMV.

Ray,
There is something I heard; I'm not remembering quite clearly. It's something about Continental is merging with another airline, maybe Delta? And then a flight possible from New York instead of Newark? Maybe starting this Fall? Also a possible Jet Blue flight from NY? Yeah, you'd think I'd know. Maybe someone else knows for sure. I'll ask around.

Was it the Continental/Aer Lingus merger? Or possibly the recent United gobbling Continental application?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom