current products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

my wife really loves her old gold core suits but replacement time is approaching. the smooth non-absorbent inside is the feature she is looking for. do you offer that feature in any of your current 3mm jumpsuits?

We do not offer the smooth-skin interior anymore. But, we do have golden microfleece on our new Aqua Lock series wetsuits. She will probably like the way this feels better, and also find it easier to put on than gold core.

Aqua Lock

We do not offer the smooth-skin interior anymore. But, we do have golden microfleece on our new Aqua Lock series wetsuits. She will probably like the way this feels better, and also find it easier to put on than gold core.

Aqua Lock

Comfort and donning are not a problem. What she (and I) like about gold core is no absorbancy and fast drying, After looking around, it would appear that smooth skin interiors are a thing of the past in wetsuits. I assume they were simply not durable enough tpo meet customer demands. Thanks.

One of the biggest advantages of our Golden Micro Fleece interior is that it dries quickly. In other words, the new fleece takes on all the old advantages of gold core, yet gives us more comfort and performance.

but isn't the fleecee still bound to a a stretch nylon fabric that will still take a while to dry? Or is the fleece bound to bare neoprene, and you are still utilizing a nylon stretch fabric in between 2 layers of neoprene?

I have several wetsuits, including the new Aqualock. For what it's worth I find my 5 mil Henderson full dries faster than my buddies 3 mil Cressi shorty...

Actually I think it dries too fast, on two dive days at the beach that sucker can be dry and hard to put on for the second dive, so I just leave it wadded up in a ball!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom