Current water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hola,

I heard the water temps are currently abnormally warm due to El Niño. I'll be diving next week Saturday Oct.28 for 6 days. I also heard that the temps are cooling off a bit? What do you think they should be at that time? I always go in the winter and still freeze in my 5 mil with 3/5 hooded vest so I was going to bring that setup. I also heard the temps are like mid 80F's? Just trying to see what exposure I should bring. Anything less than 80-82F I tend to freeze. I get cold easily especially diving steel tanks at 80-90 minute dives. Thank you so much!
Back from diving in Key Largo. Good blog post on the reefs and water temps at MotoDivers.org.
Photos show how only a few degrees are having a negative affect on not only the reefs, but the sea life also.

It's cooling off a little after the storm last week. Water was consistently 84 this week with shallower dives hitting 86 near the surface. And I had one 82 on Wednesday. We've had a lot of rain the last two days so it may cool off even more over the next couple days. I'll post again if I see a big change.

As reported temps have rolled off a few degrees over the last 10 days. Seeing a pretty steady 84 to 83 F and finally have seen limited upwellings of cool water off the wall.
Broke out my 3 mill for this morning, which has been on a hanger since May. Suspect it will have shrunk, I seem to have that problem with neoprene.
Coral bleaching has not been nearly as bad from Francesca (Wall not reef) and north where there seems to be some current. On Columbia through the Palencars's the current has been slow to none, poor visibility and major bleaching.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom