Custom Dive Slates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be interested in getting my own boat roster slate for when I DM, but haven't been too successful at finding them.

If anyone has a lead I'd be interested.

dgallo:
I would be interested in getting my own boat roster slate for when I DM, but haven't been too successful at finding them.

If anyone has a lead I'd be interested.

That is exactly what I am trying to do for Roll call. I have the layout and logos all I need is to find somewhere to print the thing.

let me know if you find anything Dgallo

OK, here are two suggestions on how to do it yourself. I haven’t tried either of them, but it seems like they would work. I think that the customized dive slates industry is such a narrow one (if it even exists) that DIY is the best way to go.

For a DM boat roster, the simplest and easiest way to go would be to buy the biggest slate you can find, then use a ruler and a black permanent marker or paint pen to create whatever lines you need. The marker won’t erase when your pencil marks do, so that might take care of you with no further work needed.

If you wanted to get even more ornate, maybe you could design what you want on a computer (all logos and lines included), then send the design off to one of those companies that makes custom vinyl decals for car windshields. Once they make your design, transfer it to the slate. My only concern about doing it this way would be how long it will last after repeated exposure to depth, pressure, and saltwater. That will depend on the type of adhesive used to make the decal.

I’ll be interested to hear what you come up with. Good luck!

Reeveseye:
OK, here are two suggestions on how to do it yourself. I haven’t tried either of them, but it seems like they would work. I think that the customized dive slates industry is such a narrow one (if it even exists) that DIY is the best way to go.

For a DM boat roster, the simplest and easiest way to go would be to buy the biggest slate you can find, then use a ruler and a black permanent marker or paint pen to create whatever lines you need. The marker won’t erase when your pencil marks do, so that might take care of you with no further work needed.

If you wanted to get even more ornate, maybe you could design what you want on a computer (all logos and lines included), then send the design off to one of those companies that makes custom vinyl decals for car windshields. Once they make your design, transfer it to the slate. My only concern about doing it this way would be how long it will last after repeated exposure to depth, pressure, and saltwater. That will depend on the type of adhesive used to make the decal.

I’ll be interested to hear what you come up with. Good luck!

Hey John,

both great ideas! I will definitely let you know how things turn out. Since I am a designer during surface intervals I will be doing all the artwork then *somehow* transferring it to the slates.

thanks again for your input!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom