Custom Divers Sportster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't dived one but visited their place in UK recently and tried one on. Very, very comfy. I was impressed.
Was an ace away from buying but found I preferred the Halcyon Eclipse.
Not much help I know!

Some US shops will ship to Europe. Leisure Pro is one and I think ScubaToys is another. Evrn though the Euro is down I still think you get a favorable exchange rate.

Some US shops will ship to Europe. Leisure Pro is one and I think ScubaToys is another. Evrn though the Euro is down I still think you get a favorable exchange rate.

... the exchange rate is ok, but then comes customs and makes it all a mess:shakehead:

If you want small and compact, the new Diverite Travel Pac is a nice comfortable design and more versatile than the Custom Divers. By more versatile, you can add or change D-rings, pockets. etc. and the price is great, we do it for $390. I believe that they have a dealer in Germany.

Dive Rite Travel Pack T4000 *Buy Dive Rite at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

** My first preference is a BP&W (Halcyon Eclipse System) but maybe you can get into a DiveRite one at a better price point. BTW, we ship overseas as well.

If you want small and compact, the new Diverite Travel Pac is a nice comfortable design and more versatile than the Custom Divers. By more versatile, you can add or change D-rings, pockets. etc. and the price is great, we do it for $390. I believe that they have a dealer in Germany.

Dive Rite Travel Pack T4000 *Buy Dive Rite at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

** My first preference is a BP&W (Halcyon Eclipse System) but maybe you can get into a DiveRite one at a better price point. BTW, we ship overseas as well.

Hey Wayne,

thanks for your hint! There is a Diverite dealer in Germany, but they are extremely expensive. One example: The travel wing would be almost 500 Euro (612 $) - just the bladder!

There is a great difference between the prices in the US and in Germany. BP/W rigs are very expensive here. And because I'm just a holiday diver (roundabout 40-60 dives a year in the Red Sea or in South East Asia) I don't want to spend so much money.

On the other hand, I can get the Sportster for about 290 Euro (355$) in the UK - shipping included, and because the UK is an EU country I won't have to pay german customs:D.

If there would be no customs duty I would have ordered in the US, no question:eyebrow:.

@ shortcuts

Did you try it with the comfort pad or without it?

I can't remember exactly but I suspect yes as it was padded and very comfy. I didn't specifically ask if the pad was fitted to be honest with you. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

@ shortcuts

Did you try it with the comfort pad or without it?

I can't remember exactly but I suspect yes as it was padded and very comfy. I didn't specifically ask if the pad was fitted to be honest with you. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Sorry about the double post. I have no idea what has happened to produce this duplicate. Perhaps a MOD can delete it for me please?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom