Cutting Devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought the 440C this is made from was not so good in salt-water. ??

For my saltwater rig all I do is spray paint it black. One of mine is close to 10 years old. Still works, which to me is key.

The prevailing recommendation is to ensure you can reach and use your cutting device with either hand.

Having an Eezycut on your wrist is good from a "backup" solution standpoint but it is not retrievable by the hand of the arm it is worn on.

Agreed. I also carry an EezyCut, I put the Flexi mount on the front of the loop of my crotch strap. Has worked great so far.

Victorinox kitchen knife on the waist band, an other small knife on the inflator hose in a small webbing sheath.
The Victorinox are strong, sharp and cheap to replace.
The cordage is to help pull it out with gloves on.

I love those knives. When I was working on boats, we always had boxes of 'em stashed all over the place. Thanks for mentioning, I will go get myself a fresh box.
:cheers:

Or you can buy one of these instead of a box.
DGX Titanium EMT Shears
never rusted on me in salt water and you won’t contribute filling our landfill.

My red-handled (different brand) titanium shears had some corrosion around the hinge bolt, since I didn't always remember to take it out of the sheath when rinsing my rig after salt water.

Someone showed me to rub it with sand with my fingers, and voila, the corrosion was gone. Great trick.

4 years already and still no rust

I put a piece of innertube on my waist belt and stick a folding knife in it.

You still have to maintain them but they are far better than the cheap 1 use one.

I "have to MAINTAIN THEM?" .....cripes....I never had ANY 1-use ones. They lasted for multiple freshwater dives before the pin would start to get wonky.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom