Cutting Shears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHunt

Reaction score
Not too long ago I misplaced/lost my cutting shears. While mulling around Big Lots today, I passed through the tool section and what to my surprise; I found a pair of stainless steel shears. The best thing was the price, 88 cents. Throw in tax, and I was still out less than a buck. Just wanted to pass along my unexpected find for those who have a Big Lots in the neighborhood, and may be in the market for a pair of stainless cutting shears.

SeaHunt:
Not too long ago I misplaced/lost my cutting shears. While mulling around Big Lots today, I passed through the tool section and what to my surprise; I found a pair of stainless steel shears. The best thing was the price, 88 cents. Throw in tax, and I was still out less than a buck. Just wanted to pass along my unexpected find for those who have a Big Lots in the neighborhood, and may be in the market for a pair of stainless cutting shears.

The only thing to look out for is the pivot pin. Most are not stainless and rust out and break on a regular basis but for less than one dollar you can buy alot of them. Just be sure to check its strength prior to every dive. My shears broke on a consistant basis due to that pivot pin being rusted out. I now have a pair of shears with a stainless steel pin and havnt had any problems lately but I paid about 20 dollars and it came with a nifty little sheath but no problems with the pin rusting out anymore...=)

Brian

where did you find ones with a SS pin? Even the ones I bought at a dive shop had a steel pin which is rusting. If I rinse and dry the shears after every dive religiously and don't leave them in their sheath it's not too bad, but still... I'd love to get SS ones.

I've been told that the OMS shears are all-stainless. If I can confirm that, I think I'm going to buy a pair so I don't have to keep replacing my EMT shears periodically.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom