Cutting wrist and neck seals...first timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, I tried an exacto knife and bitterly regretted it. The best I've done is with a pair of VERY sharp hair cutting scissors. The longer the blade, the better, because you want to make as few repositionings of the scissors as necessary.

That is why a rotary cutter is great.
Think pizza cutter on steroids. It leaves a perfect clean cut edge.

With wrist seals, you can stick full soda cans into the wrist seals, and then, using long zip ties, tighten a zip tie at exactly the place you want to cut the seal, and then run an exacto knife right against the zip tie.

Well I found a little info on the DUI site about what rings to remove to allow your neck and wrist measurements to get a better fit.However I have a Bares and trying to find any info on line is difficult.The roto cutter does sound good, we have plenty of quilt shops around here in town.NE Oregon seems to be the end of the line few diver and none other than me have a drysuit.

I would not go by these guides, everyone's milage may differ.
When I did mine I cut a ring off, put it on, if I turned red, repeat.
When I stopped turning red I wore it in the house for 15 minutes or so and I did not get a headach or any buldging veins so I stopped there.

Back
Top Bottom