cylinder identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agadiver78

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for advice on what I have with the white Nitrox cylinder. Diameter is roughly 7.25" maybe 7.50" and it's 24" + - in length not including the valve. I cant see any manufacturers name or cf size.
the working pressure is 2400. Im guessing 100cf? the tank alongside of it is a 72cf 2250.
Help! ;-)
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG

Last edited:
Given the coating I believe it is a Faber LP80. But the serial number and lack of other Faber markings it is not what I am used to seeing.

Faber LP80 2400psi +10% 7.25" dia 24" long weight 30lbs buoyancy -1.7/ -7.55

Last edited:
Ok,
Im just curious why I dont see Faber stamped in the data like on several other Faber tanks I own.
Could be,however. Thank you for the input/reply.

I agree, it is missing all the typical Faber markings even my oldest Faber's from 92 that were made for ScubaPro say Faber and have a serial number that is 92/9023/054 (year/batch/unit). But I do not recall any other mfg doing such a coating.

I agree, it is missing all the typical Faber markings even my oldest Faber's from 92 that were made for ScubaPro say Faber and have a serial number that is 92/9023/054 (year/batch/unit). But I do not recall any other mfg doing such a coating.
That coating is a a urethane paint I think

Well if they're 80s,.. cool.
I picked up a pair of them and have a good Genisis DIN twin manifold waiting to thread on. They just looked a little on the fat side and I was hoping for more CF capacity.
Thanks again for the info!

Yep, found the diamond w/ letter C inside it. So now I have to wear a 10mm wetsuit just to counter the loss of bouyancy, lol.
And I was an Planing to join these
two with a spare Genisis manifold.
Should I reconsider?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom