Cypress Sea - Feb 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still sitting on the fence as far as the boat. I may wait until tomoorw to make a decision. No chance of diving on Saturday, Scott?

Dannobee, which boat are you going on?

SO, did you guys go out diving or not??? :confused:

I dove the Breakwater on Saturday, which was fine. I decided not to do a boat dive on Sunday, due to the conditions. I saw a few boats out, but they were all in the bay.

We went to Lover Point on Sunday. (Prince) it was great. 30' viz. Swells were high but not that bad. It was mostly locals except 2 people that trooped it through from SF. Then we dove the Aquarium which was 15' to 20'. Swells were rough after that one but we all made it back safe and sound. Did you go N8Delta? Saturday was absolutely beautiful. Hot!!!! I couldn't believe how hot it was. But beautiful. Carmel was awesome.

I wish I had been on a boat on Saturday, but the Breakwater was still pretty nice.

We dove w/ Cypress Sea on Sunday. Conditions were not the best, and yes we were in the bay... but hey, we got wet, and played with some seals. Vis was around 25 feet. Swells were 6-8 feet in the bay. Hence, why we didn't leave the bay. Stayed at Lone Oak Lodge which was quaint and pleasant for the price.

Thinking about heading up more North next time. Andy, you're putting on some kind of ab fest kick off in May... no? Sounds like a blast. I helped run a booth for the ab cookoff in 2002... nothing but good times and people up there.

See y'all around the next time hopefully,
Nate

Yeah Saturday was nice but yesterday, the captain of the Beach Hopper 2 called me and Monday's charter today is cancelled and I'm stuck at home now because of freaky underwater weather. But Saturday was really nice especially it was first time using nitrox without any instructor nearby where I can mess around the place underwater especially showing everybody the crab I was holding and just tossed it when I was done with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom