Cyprus Dives, Zenobia Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Watched this when it first came out and not impressed. Typical documentary over the top dramatisation and "conjecture".
Only too true, but to be fair, it's a trend many documentaries these days are guilty of.

Watched this when it first came out and not impressed. Typical documentary over the top dramatisation and "conjecture". Have deco dived the middle cargo deck a couple of times and its not a place to hang about in for sure and when you see lorries in there still hanging on chains "what if" thoughts crop up and its pitch black! Not for the faint hearted!!
Personally I prefer diving around the outside and occasionally into the accommodation area as more relaxing and a quick way up if needed. Each to their own of course.

I entirely agree about the documentary, but there's some decent video of the wreck (if not the absolute best) for people who haven't dived it before.

I spent 4 days on the Zenobia in 2021 (8 dives) and enjoyed them all, including the Middle Cargo Deck and engine room, but agree that the latter two aren't relaxing dives (We were told one of the lorries had a securing chain snap last winter, so is even more precarious now!)

M

The comments about "experienced divers" dying in the wreck is pathetic. If they were "experienced" they would have run lines to find their way out when everything silted up, and of course that was obvious at one point in the video too. The young Cousteau's don't appear to be very "experienced" either!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom