D1 - suit care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoranb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Have been diving with my D1 for over a month now, and except the beginning issues with leaking dry gloves, I’m very happy with it.
As it’s been more than a month now, and the summer is fast approaching, which means I’ll be diving in my wetsuit, I’m thinking of the “final cleaning” before I put the suit away for the summer.
I will definitely be taking out the liner. When I took it out the first time, I began to respect the ingenuity that went into this piece of engineering. You do need to break a sweat to take it out, and again to put it back in. But when you think of it, it’s not supposed to come out easily. It’s a feature, not a bug.
I will be washing the liner in the washing machine, 30° C, with a bit of detergent mixed with some non-alcohol disinfection product, no softener, and extra rinse, because this part of the suit does absorb a fair amount of sweat. Drip dried.
The shell will be soaked in water with Myrazime for a couple of hours, and then hung to dry upside down, inside out, outside in, and downside up.
I’ve recently bought Seaskin Suit Driers. They are basically little fabric sacks filled with silica gel that I use to dry my suit (primarily boots) from day to day. They work like a charm, and you can even use them when hanging your suit upside down (takes a bit of practice).
I’ve come to my senses and refuse to dish out 60 € for a Hangair.

Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom