D1 yoke conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the HOG regulators are DIN only. The Edge line, however, has yoke style regulators.

You may only be speaking of a "native" yoke connection, but there are DIN-to-yoke adapters that can be added to a DIN reg. I was considering HOG regs and doing this (where I usually dive I rent tanks and they have yoke connections), but I decided against it because for me the added depth would probably be an issue (i.e. the regulator protrudes a bit more towards your neck/head with the adapter than with the "native" connection).

Perhaps you had already considered and discounted this for the same reason, but I just thought I would mention it.

I want a native connection. I assume there is a part from the edge line that would let me do this.

If you find that there is one, I hope you will post back in this thread. I was under the impression that Edge and HOG parts were not necessarily interchangeable, and my guess would be that the HOG is DIN-only "natively." But I have not called their tech folks, so I don't know for sure, and it would be interesting to know.

Apex DST part might fit.

HOG regs are DIN only. There may be a part that will work with the HOG 1st to convert it to yoke but I would not advise it.
Edge Epics are available in DIN or Yoke and can be switched. The Epic by the way is a balanced diaphragm with a cold water kit available as well. The only real difference as far as function is that the Epic does not have a swivel turret. Both are great breathers. It is also smaller and a bit lighter making it an ideal reg for travel. It can also be ordered as separate components if you just want the 1st, 2nd, or octo. My next travel reg will be an Epic as soon as I sell my current one.

The Epic first stage is the same as the HOG D2 first stage except cosmetics.

The HOG line is spec'd out for use by tech divers, thus why no yoke just converters.

Well now I'm curious: If the first stages are the same, does that mean that if one owned a HOG DIN reg, that there is an Edge part that could be used to convert it ("natively") to yoke?

I understand what you are saying but I still am not sure what the answer to my above question would be.

Thanks,
Blue Sparkle

I guess you could (and I could in turn :D) order Edge Epic first stage yoke parts alone to convert a D2 to Yoke. it would be ugly as sin with the black body and chrome yoke however...

Back
Top Bottom