D300 Housing and 2 DS 160 Strobes Bouyancy!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried to measure the weight with a fish scale. Using with an ike for 5d mk2, it's about 500g -ve underwater. I have yet to test out with strobe. This to do this weekend ! :)

The strobes are pretty close to neutral. I have a D300s, Ikelite housing, ultralight base and arms and dual 160 strobes. I would estimate that the entire package is about one pound negative underwater. Ultralight makes buoyancy arms that would probably make the rig near neutral. Personally, I like having an extra pound when taking pictures.

Based on what I have measure last night, here are the info

- Ikelite 5d mk2 housing with Dome port(with counter weights at dome port)
- Ikelite ds161 with standard arm, 3 inch ULCS arm and 3 clamps
- inon 550w light with top mount, clamp & ULCS light holder

total UW weight, about 1.6kgs +-50grams
- Housing & tray, handle is about 900g
- the inon550-w with all fittings 300gs
- strobe & arms about 900grams

So all in all quite a heavy setup. now trying to find the best way to neutralize the weight.

I wonder if the weight I am seeing is normal? I keep seeing online posts, saying the ikelite are pretty neutral, but I am seeing it the other way around.

Based on what I have measure last night, here are the info

- Ikelite 5d mk2 housing with Dome port(with counter weights at dome port)
- Ikelite ds161 with standard arm, 3 inch ULCS arm and 3 clamps
- inon 550w light with top mount, clamp & ULCS light holder

total UW weight, about 1.6kgs +-50grams
- Housing & tray, handle is about 900g
- the inon550-w with all fittings 300gs
- strobe & arms about 900grams

So all in all quite a heavy setup. now trying to find the best way to neutralize the weight.

I wonder if the weight I am seeing is normal? I keep seeing online posts, saying the ikelite are pretty neutral, but I am seeing it the other way around.

you can try stix floats they are a non compressible material that you can fit on your ulcs arms (they have them for that brand arm) i had them on my ike canon 40d with 2 ds 160 strobes setup which was fairly negative i put the stix jumbo floats on and it was pretty well neutral at any depth,they work great,i have since changed to a canon 7D with ike housing (even heavier)and to the stix arms and floats as these arms have a special hard material for the ball at the ends and they are much easier to move the strobes into position then the ulca arms ,if you are interested cheaper to go to the source,hope that helps
Steve
Results for Underwater:StiX System

Thankyou All of You
Steve If the Overall Set is slightly Negative as MarienReasearch Said then I Would Prefer the Equipment being Slightly Negative that is less than a Pound or so
Thankyou All Again :)

Salil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom