D400 - Raising the w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

- The second thing, which may be normal, is that the dynamic oring on the poppet is very loose and wiggles around on the popped freely, also seems very loose in when it's in the valve body. I just turned the reg over and the poppet fell out on it's own. Maybe this is normal but seems like a better fit would be needed.

You're talking about the o-ring that's on the balance spool on the opposite end from the seat, correct? Typically SP kits come with that o-ring installed on a new poppet. The SP oem is a very hard-to-find parker size that is listed as 4.57mmX1.02mm. I've never been able to find it. I bought a bag of NOS poppets w/out that o-ring, so I bought some 4.5mmX1mm and they work perfectly. Both the ones I have and SP oems aren't loose on the spool but they're also not stretched. There's no resistance pushing the poppet in place, and it's common for the poppet to fall out if you turn the reg upside down. I sometimes hear a little 'pop' as that o-ring seals when pressurized. I think that's typical; it happens on most of the ones I've seen.

Yes, that is the oring I'm talking about. The kit used by the shop obviously contained a pre-built poppet assy, had paint on the locknut (I've also seen the kits where the poppet was parted out). So I assume it is the correct oring, haven't put the micrometer on it, will wait until the next tear down for that. Hopefully that won't be too soon, but heh I'm new at this one.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom