D4i Manual is missing "screenshots" in many illustrations. What to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dorkito

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am trying to become intimately familiar with the workings of my Suunto D4i as many, many posters have stressed. (I'm becoming an avid reader of the "Accidents and Incidents" forum.) The problem is that the manual is missing "screenshots" in many of the illustrations that accompany the text. For example, Section 6.1.1 "Basic Dive Data"! I thought I was smart enough to figure it out, but if I've learned anything on this forum, it's to not over rate your abilities :)

Here is the latest version online that I could find: http://ns.suunto.com/Manuals/D4i/Userguides/Suunto_D4i_UserGuide_EN.pdf It happens all over the place.

Hopefully someone from Suunto can respond or others have found another resource.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dorkito,

Do you have questions in the manual that you need answered?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Thanks, Jim. I'll try that.

Chris, it's more than a couple questions. There are like 20 illustrations missing. Whole sections. Is there a plan to fix this? It's really pretty amazing that this didn't get caught before publishing.

I am trying to become intimately familiar with the workings of my Suunto D4i as many, many posters have stressed. (I'm becoming an avid reader of the "Accidents and Incidents" forum.) The problem is that the manual is missing "screenshots" in many of the illustrations that accompany the text. For example, Section 6.1.1 "Basic Dive Data"! I thought I was smart enough to figure it out, but if I've learned anything on this forum, it's to not over rate your abilities :)

Here is the latest version online that I could find: http://ns.suunto.com/Manuals/D4i/Userguides/Suunto_D4i_UserGuide_EN.pdf It happens all over the place.

Hopefully someone from Suunto can respond or others have found another resource.

I've tried to explain this VERY THING to Suunto, at least a half a dozen times, and they JUST DON"T GET IT !!! I'm glad I'm not alone. Yes, there are numerous illustrations in the D4i manual that are "missing". As just one example, on page 62 of the PDF/manual, the caption reads "current tank pressure is 165 Bar and the remaining air time is 52 minutes". The graphic right next to it is BLANK !!! On the other hand, my Vyper Air manual is perfect. I hope someone from Suunto reads this thread & post. Page 60 of the same manual, Dive Display; "Present depth is 15 meters, no deco stop time limit is 46 minutes, maximum depth during this dive is 21.5 meters, elapsed dive time 22 minutes". Again, the graphic next to the caption IS BLANK !!! This manual has been like this since Day 1.

How about this... The Suunto D4 manual's illustrations look good. Is the only difference the air integration? If so I could just use that... I'm not psyched to read through each manual line by line to on confirm though.

But really, it's hard to believe that the quality control was so bad on the publishing. And it's just nuts that Suunto hasn't fixed it. What's up with that?!

This COULD be an instance of "now thats gonna be too expensive to fix, lets pretend it didnt happen and fix it in the next revision"..

dorkito,

Your example of section 6.1.1, which illustration do you believe is missing?

Chris from Suunto

---------- Post added September 17th, 2013 at 12:16 PM ----------

muzibiz22,

I believe you are referring to the wrong page on the manual. Page 62 is about personal adjustments, so which page or section are you actually referencing?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

dorkito,

Your example of section 6.1.1, which illustration do you believe is missing?

Chris from Suunto

---------- Post added September 17th, 2013 at 12:16 PM ----------

muzibiz22,

I believe you are referring to the wrong page on the manual. Page 62 is about personal adjustments, so which page or section are you actually referencing?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Page_62.jpg

---------- Post added September 17th, 2013 at 09:54 AM ----------

Example in above post, here is another;

Another_Example.jpg

Chris- all of the clock faces on page 69 air blank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom