D4i vs. D6i Cost differece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
There is a cost difference of $400 between the two models and the only difference on your website is that the D6i has intergrated compass and stores up to 3 gas mixes.

Am I missing something here?!?!?! $400 for a compass?!?

Can you help me understand the justification for the cost gap. I like the computers and most people seem to have the D6i but can't tell me how they justified the cost over the D4i.

Thanks!
Kian

Compass, gauge mode, 3 gas, sapphire crystal, deeper water resistance.

I am a Rec Diver. Why would I need gauge mode to show just depth and time instead of using Air/Nirtox? Isn't gauge mode for helium mix since the computer doesnt do helium? How many people go beyond 300 feet?!?! Im just saying are these features worth $400?

Kian,

In addition to the features that Muzikbiz22 has has posted, the D6i has a complete stainless steel body with all stainless steel parts (side plates, buttons, etc..). The construction of the computer as well as the added features are the cause for the difference in price. The sapphire crystal is integrated into the case and is extremely resistant to scratches. Also, you can complement the D6i with a stainless steel bracelet which is not possible for the D4i. I hope this has better answered your questions. If you have any more please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Are you looking to buy? There are deals to be had on the used market.

I have a D9 with transmitter and USB cable (I guess that makes it a D9i) to sell. $650 and I'll drive it down to you.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am looking to buy. Though deals may be had I have had bad experiences in the past with use electronic purchases and the motivation for buying my own now is due to failed rental and used computers on more than one dive. I think I'm going to get the D6i with Transmitter for myself and a Cobalt for my girlfriend.

Kian,

There is a special going on right now until the end of December for all of the Suunto computers with wireless air integration capability. If you purchase a D6i from your local Aqua Lung dealer, you will receive the transmitter for free. By taking up on this special you will be saving $450! If you would like to take up on this offer then please locate your nearest Aqua Lung dealer from the link provided. Suunto Dealer Locator

2013_suunto_promo_694x484.jpg

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom