D9 - are they pretty scratch resistant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laura0314

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have friends with D6s that have some scratches on the crystal face. Are the D9s made of the same material? I am not a fan of the plastic shield over my dive computer. I have several dive computers now - and they all have scratches, which is okay... but before I buy a titainum D9 I would like to hear from other divers please!

I have a D9 Titanium and I haven't got any scratches on the screen yet, but be warned, the titanium of the body and strap scratches up real easy. I wear mine as a daily watch as well as diving, and it was well marked after just three months of everyday wear and a couple of dive trips.

I have previously owned a Stinger and a D6, and I have to say that apart from one major scratch on the Stinger after an unfortunate arm-wreck interface in a raging current, neither scratched up, even after a lot of dives (1,000 plus on the Stinger and 500 plus on the D6).

Mark

I bought a cover for the screen just to be on the safe side. These guys make them (and maybe others too), but you buy them cheaper on eBay (still a bit of a rip off, but protecting your investment).

Not arguing with Mark, but I haven't noticed my titanium scratching up too much as yet. Maybe I am just too soft...

Skip the shield...it can take a beating...mine has 200+ dives on it and has some tiny cosmetic scratches that are barely noticeable.

Cheers.

-J.-

Well this is what I've been using for years and can be used on any dive computer, GPS, watch or display that you need to protect.
Get a clear packaging tape 2" wide (if you have bigger display you need to protect you need wider tape), tape it over the display. Make sure there are no bubbles and cut the edges carefully with a sharp utility knife. Replace whenever needed, it's simple, cheap and protects my D9 perfectly.

Well this is what I've been using for years.
Get a clear packaging tape 2" wide, tape it over the display. Make sure there are no bubbles and cut the edges carefully with a sharp utility knife. Replace whenever needed, it's simple, cheap and protects my D9 perfectly.

Bugger. Wish I had thought of that.

Back
Top Bottom