Dacor Extreme Plus service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivemasterSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get Dacore Extreme Plus regs serviced at? i'm looking for a place that wont rip us off. the problem i have run into is, here in Birmingham Alabama they are telling me that Dacor has quit making parts for the regs and only places that have the kits in stock to service them will be able to. the shop that i "trust" here has told me there will be places that say they can do it but being they wont have the service kits, all they will do is replace a few o rings and clean it and call it serviced and still charge the same. needless to say thats why i want to find a place i can send them to that someone knows can be trusted. i live just outside of Birmingham and will have to ship them to someone to get them serviced.

thanks,
steve

DivemasterSteve:
does anyone know where i can get Dacore Extreme Plus regs serviced at? i'm looking for a place that wont rip us off. the problem i have run into is, here in Birmingham Alabama they are telling me that Dacor has quit making parts for the regs and only places that have the kits in stock to service them will be able to. the shop that i "trust" here has told me there will be places that say they can do it but being they wont have the service kits, all they will do is replace a few o rings and clean it and call it serviced and still charge the same. needless to say thats why i want to find a place i can send them to that someone knows can be trusted. i live just outside of Birmingham and will have to ship them to someone to get them serviced.

thanks,
steve

to service that regulator.

I had one a number of years ago and when it came back from service, the "used" o rings numbered almost 20!

Dacor/Mares stopped making/servicing this regulator about 6 years ago and finding parts has continued to be difficult.

One place to try is Underwater Dive Center in Elyria, OH.

Good luck...

Chris

I have serviced them, but can't get parts, which is lucky for me but not for you. When I serviced them it was more of a chore for me than it was worth, as 9 times out of 10 they would give me trouble. Its time to let go and purchase a new reg, and from a service standpoint, I love Apeks.

ranger:
Its time to let go and purchase a new reg,

thats what we are talking about but its just hard knowing that my buddy bought his right at 7 years ago and dont have more than about 70 dives on it and the other buddy's probably dont have more than about 25 dives on hers. i probably have 200 or so plus a lot of pool time back when i worked as a DM on mine but there is nothing at all wrong with mine other than you cant get it serviced. needless to say, we wont be buying anything else with Dacor on it and being Mares is the one that bought out Dacor and wont make the parts anymore, we wont buy anything with their name on it either. i'm still in hopes we can find someone to service them but its not looking good.

thanks,
steve

Hi,

I'm the Southeast/Mid Atlantic sales manager for Mares Dacor Sporasub.

No question parts for Dacor regs made before HTM(company that also owns Mares- Mares didn't "buy" Dacor, In fact Mares and Dacor only became the same company in 2003) bought Dacor have been hard to come by. Please understand that once HTM purchased Dacor that the old production was ceased and production began again with new products in Europe. Unfortunatly it hasn't been possible to produce alot of the old Dacor service items.

If you will PM me, I can help you thru a local shop. We are doing all we can to help resolve the parts issues. Unfortunatly many shops are seeing that parts are not available and leaving it at that. A quick call to their rep. and we can make it work for all involved.

Best,

Chris

PS- by the way there were 27 o rings in the Dacor Extreme Plus service kit, the record as far as I know!

DivemasterSteve:
needless to say, we wont be buying anything else with Dacor on it and being Mares is the one that bought out Dacor and wont make the parts anymore, we wont buy anything with their name on it either.

thanks,
steve

AMEM !!!!

cerich:
Hi,

No question parts for Dacor regs made before HTM(company that also owns Mares- Mares didn't "buy" Dacor, In fact Mares and Dacor only became the same company in 2003) bought Dacor have been hard to come by. Please understand that once HTM purchased Dacor that the old production was ceased and production began again with new products in Europe. Unfortunatly it hasn't been possible to produce alot of the old Dacor service items.

If you will PM me, I can help you thru a local shop. We are doing all we can to help resolve the parts issues. Unfortunatly many shops are seeing that parts are not available and leaving it at that. A quick call to their rep. and we can make it work for all involved.

Best,

Chris

PS- by the way there were 27 o rings in the Dacor Extreme Plus service kit, the record as far as I know!

thank you sir, i appreciate what your doing for me to try and get this worked out.

just to update everyone, i have contacted Chris and he is doing what he can to help me get it worked out. if he can get things worked out for me i will continue buying things from Dacor/Mares because i have never had problems with Dacor gear and if this service problem is worked out i'll be a happy camper again. i'll keep everyone updated on how things go.

thanks,
steve

I can check to see if we still have an Extreme service kit in the shop (I am 90% sure we do). We normally charge $30 for servicing ($10.00 per stage) plus parts costs.

The reltively low labor costs may make it worth your while to ship it our direction if you can't find a Dacor dealer with parts locally. PM me if this is something you are considering and I can get you a shipping address.

i

i have two dacor regs,a 760xlb and a 360 areo,which have given me sterling service since i bought them in 1989.These valves have had rough lives as they are tools of the scallop diving trade and are treated as such,but as i say they have never let me down in ANY WAY.I do not want to buy new regs as i dont think they would last long aboard our boat,i just want to get my dacors serviced.
can you help?

P.S. if i do have to buy new regs rest assured they will NOT have the dacor/mares brand on them

cerich:
Hi,

Best,

Chris

ScallopDiver235 - My LDS in Portchester, NY is still servicing my Dacors 950's and claims he is still getting parts from Dacor/Mares. Send me a PM if you need the address/phone number. There have been many posts on this topic. Along with a lot of hatred toward Mares (which I totally agree with). Apparently, other LDS's can also get old Dacor parts. Keep calling around, particularly the older shops. I realize it is a bit scary shipping your reg to NY. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers! - Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom