Dacor Reg Rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The corrosion on the adjusting screw will most likely dissolve in your vinegar bath, but DO NOT get extreme and leave it overnight or something like that. Just a few minutes should be sufficient. The fine brass bristled brushes that they sell in home improvement stores in the paint or welding department will work to "scrub" the parts, they just don't last very long. You will also need to make a wide bladed screwdriver to turn the screw without messing up the slot. An old 3/4 inch wood chisel that is ground to fit works fine for this. As far as brass parts go, they do not need to be replaced just because they have seen a little use and show signs of chrome loss. As long as the surfaces are sound and there are no rough edges, reuse whenever possible. Let me know how I can be of help. Regards Scott

Herrman, I may need to talk with you regarding a tool for removing the turret bolt from Dacor 960's. I have tried and destroyed three different types of pin spanners over the years. Most of the problem is the overuse of blue locktite by technicians, if a half drop is good, then three drops must be better.:shakehead: I need a tool that would not twist out of the holes, have short hardened replaceable pins and possibly of socket configuration so I could stand above it, apply downward force to keep it in the holes and then apply torque to break the tension. Just a thought Scott

How about something like the Voit tool I make. It has hardened SS pins, not really replacable....at least not easily but it should do nicely. Here is a photo of the Voit version. You can install a tommy bar into the hole for more torque.

IMG_2323web.jpg

Dacor IP tool

How about something like the Voit tool I make. It has hardened SS pins, not really replacable....at least not easily but it should do nicely. Here is a photo of the Voit version. You can install a tommy bar into the hole for more torque.

View attachment 123051
Herman, there is a listing on eBay right now that has on of the IP adjustment tools you were looking for. I would buy the lot just for the tool if he had a better starting price. Look under "scuba tools" and the seller is rbadive. The picture is not that great but it might put you in the ballpark Regard Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom