Dacor Regulator Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a friend that tried to get her Dacor regulator serviced and the shop told her that she needed to buy a new regulator. I know that Dacor went out of business, but didn't someone buy their product and is it possible to get service?

Thanks for the website information. There are a couple of dealers in the area and I have passed on the information.

dacor was bought out by mares so you can still get parts. if its an old set of dacor pacers they are offering an upgrade to viper tec regs.. check into itas it may be worth your while to upgrade

Is there any new information available on servicing Dacor regulators? I've come into ownership of a reg and a dive computer that need to be checked out, wondering if it's possible to use.

I would check with a Mares service tech.

Is there any new information available on servicing Dacor regulators? I've come into ownership of a reg and a dive computer that need to be checked out, wondering if it's possible to use.

Most second stages should be able to be serviced using generic o-rings and seats, of course there are always exceptions. The first stages are more tricky and the HP seats are available from NESS. The problem you will have is that for a variety of reasons service techs do not want to use generic parts. You are liable to be told like the OP that the regs should be scrapped and new ones purchased.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom