Dacor Status

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have an older Dacor reg, you can take advantage of a trade in program Mares is running, I traded in my Dacor Quantum for a Mares Abyss, cost a little $ but man what an upgrade. My local lds was unware of the program untill I informed them of it, or perhaps they simply dont want to advertise it, shifty little buggers they are.

I have found several shops that are willing to service older Dacor regulators. They are using generic or recycled parts to accomplish this. Many shops won't even try because they can't take the easy way out by ordering a premade parts kits from Dacor anymore. The downside is if a major metal part breaks then new replacement pieces are not advailable. My LDS has a stock of older Dacor regulators that he is pulling parts and reusing them if needed. There is even a seller on Ebay that is putting some of the kits together and selling them for yearly service. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to think of that ..... making up yearly parts kits for $4 or $5 and reselling them for $30 ........ good markup and apparently there is a market for them. SO THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH ....... too bad DACOR didn't see the need to make a $ by supplying yearly service kits for their "pre 2000" regulators ...... a Dacor 360, 460, 750, 900 or 950 are excellent breathing regulators and still should last for another 10 or 15 years if properly service and maintained.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom