Dacor Viper help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crwmlw

New
Reaction score
Hi there, hopefully someone can help. I just had my Dacor Viper setup serviced, the 1st and 2nd stages. I just picked it up and noticed when I hook it up to the tank and turn on the pressure after a minute or so the 2nd stage starts to leak air a bit, If I shake it or purge it it goes away for a few seconds then comes back, this only happens with the primary and not the octo. Any ideas?

crwmlw once bubbled...
. Any ideas?
Yes. Take it back to whoever serviced it and tell them to fix it.

There was a thread on a similar problem the last day or two. Your problem is commonly referred to as "IP creep". The hp seat on the 1st doesn't fully seal, and it lets a tiny trickle of air through, just like a leaky faucet dripping a bit of water. The slow leak of air through the first gradually builds up pressure on the low pressure side until either your primary or octo opens up and lets the trickle of air on out.

Thank you, I plan on bringing it back unless it was something easy I can do? Probably not huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom