DAN Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KatieMac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What's up with this? The message when you try to sign up for DAN in Canada right now.

DAN Insurance for Canadians
Thank you for expressing an interest in buying DAN membership and insurance.

DAN is temporarily unable to provide new members with dive accident insurance in Canada. However, we can enroll you in DAN's membership program, which offers DAN TravelAssist, Alert Diver magazine, and other valuable benefits.

For more information, please contact a DAN Customer Service Representative (CSR) by calling +1 919-684-2948 from Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm EST., or email us your contact information details, and a DAN CSR will contact you.

DAN is not an insurance company. They simply sell someone else's product.

I would guess their carrier has decided to stop providing the product DAN sells, before DAN got their act together and found a replacement.

DAN is not an insurance company. They simply sell someone else's product.

I would guess their carrier has decided to stop providing the product DAN sells, before DAN got their act together and found a replacement.
We use Blue Cross in Ontario for travel medical insurance. Like DAN, Blue Cross in Canada is a reseller, not an insurance company.

I am due for renewal and it “appears” I can still renew...I haven’t actually put in payment info yet as I don’t have my credit card with me...but now I’m concerned.

Maybe applies only to new members.

I am due for renewal and it “appears” I can still renew...I haven’t actually put in payment info yet as I don’t have my credit card with me...but now I’m concerned.

Maybe. I couldn't even get to the point you're at.

Not good. DAN dive insurance is very important for my peace of mind.
What I mean is that you are probably good with renewals. Mine would be a new purchase. Sorry if I have disrupted your peace of mind

Same here.... just renewed last week. No issues yet.

Some people copied the email from DAN and they said this only applies to new Canadian members. New members in Canada can't buy their insurance right now, and they expect it to be temporary. They wrote that those who already have insurance or are renewing are not affected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom