Dan efr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, it was listed with the DAN classes on my LDS's site.
PADI EFR (Emergency First Response)

EFR has a few options.
First Aid & CPR
First Aid, CPR and AED
First Aid, CPR, CPR for infants, and AED
There is also some O2 but not as in depth as a DAN 02 Course

Find out which of those is going to be covered.

PADI EFR is effectively the same as the Red Cross CPR courses. The difference is that (at least around here) you pay a bit more for the EFR.

If you are CPR trained already (and it's current) then there is no advantage to going through the EFR training.

The DAN courses, however, are definitely worth the time and money.

As a diver the EFR course is a little more beneficial than the ARC course. One thing that EFR covers are standards across the world, where as ARC will be specific to one Country. I'm guessing we're comparing apples to apples here (EFR to CFAS). The ARC CFAS course does not really prepare you for Diver related injuries. Now if you're comparing EFR to a First Responder Class (ie ASHI, NSC, or ARC Emergency Responder) then I wouldn't go with EFR. Whatever you choose, please do choose to take a CPR class! You never know who's life can benefit from it!!!

+1 if you're already certified then definitely check out the DAN courses!

PADI EFR is no way comparable to the ARC Emergency Responder class.

PADI EFR is nothing more than a basic first aid class. If the instructor (Hi, I happen to be one) wants to toss in some scuba diving related information than is would be more suited to diving related injuries, but otherwise it is no better than a basic first aid class.

I suspect that any emergency medical class in the U.K. will exceed the requirements of both the American Red Cross basic First Aid and teh PADI Emergency First Response classes.

Ok, but you have a lot of acronyms in your post that really don't mean anything to the average lay person. What is CFAS? Are you referring to the old Community First Aid cards?

My bad. Community First Aid and Safety (CFAS) is the basic Red Cross first aid with adult, child, and infant CPR.

National Safety Council (NSC) American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) both have First Responder courses that are good, but far beyond what the average (lay) person needs.

I really need to stop speaking/typing in acronyms!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom