DAN insurance in TCI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

potato cod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I'm looking forward to my dive trip to the Turks and Caicos in a little over a week. In anticipation I was just paging through a guide I picked up and it states that although there's a recompression chamber on Provo, the Turks and Caicos do not accept DAN. This guide was written in 2001, so I don't know how accurate this is.

Anyone know what the deal is? Is this still true?

Thanks!
Potato Cod

Well, I checked in with DAN and thought I'd follow up on my previous post. DAN assured me that their insurance is indeed accepted in the Turks and Caicos (and everywhere else with the exception of some countries that don't have diplomatic relations with the US such as Cuba and North Korea).

Clearly the info from the 2001 Lonely Planet Diving & Snorkeling Turks and Caicos guide, which is still the latest edition, will need to be updated whenever they publish a new one.

cheers,
P-Cod

It's most likely too late, but if you've not already set-up dives for your
trip - I'd like to suggest "Caicos Adventures" on Provo.
I dove with them February 2008, and they are really great people.
Nice boat, food, drinks, and a camera bucket - oh yet - great dive
locations...
Have a great trip and enjoy!

It's most likely too late, but if you've not already set-up dives for your
trip - I'd like to suggest "Caicos Adventures" on Provo.
I dove with them February 2008, and they are really great people.
Nice boat, food, drinks, and a camera bucket - oh yet - great dive
locations...
Have a great trip and enjoy!

Thanks for the recommendation! Based on many great reveiws on SB, we did book with Caicos Adventures. Glad to hear you had a great time with them! We'll be diving with them for 5 days. We leave in two days and I am soooo excited!!! I'll post a trip report when I return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom