Dan insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tribal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My Gf and i are both 2* with nelos (belgian part of Cmas) automaticly we get a insurance with it.

The thing is we are only covered if we follow the nelos rules.
There is one rule that says 2 2stars can’t dive together in local (on vacation it is allowed) waters with a current, unless a instructor at the shore give his permission.

We both have around 200 dives, in al kinds of water. 0 visibility strong current’s freezing water...

Our problem is that lately the instructors of our club dive less so we can only go to the local quarry’s.
If we take a DAN insurance Will we be covered if something happens in water with a current?
We aren’t planning to do risky dives, just the dives we are more Then familiair with.
We are also working towards the 3th star but its going slow due to the less club dives etc.

Your best bet is to contact DAN. The insurance that is available to you will vary based on your residency, it is not possible to offer one plan to 'everyone' because of insurance laws.

In the US, DAN diver insurance doesn't mention any restrictions due to current. Easy enough to email them and find out for sure, since these things do change as carriers are renewed or changed annually.

I have DAN World Mexico Prepared Diver and I have not seen an exclusion for diving in current nor did their representative in the UK with whom I spoke say anything about any ocean current exclusions. Further, the USA Master plans I had for many years showed no exclusiton for diving in current.
The DAN World plans are different from DAN USA plans. No family plan is in my DAN World plan for example as it is in the USA. DAN Europe should be able to answer your questions and can be different from other regional DAN plans. Belgium shows as eligible in the various DAN Europe plan levels.

Its not so much about the current that i worry, its more about not diving according the rules of the agency i have a Card from.

I Guess i mail DAN tomorrow to get Some clarification.

Back
Top Bottom