• I use a marker pen for gear

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • sound interesting...

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • who cares!

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, but the DAN ID tags are still a good idea.

1. They list your blood type, so if you're knocked unconscious by the rudder or ladder and they haul you up on deck bleeding heavily from a head wound they know what type of blood to give you except that they don't have any of it on the dive boat.

2. Your doctors name and phone number are on it so if you have some sort of seizure they can call your doctor to find out what the hell is going on with you, but then they're well-informed and still 70 miles offshore so the information is sort of academic, but still...

3. Your name and address are on it, so when they find this groady, faceless, dessicated corpse drifting alongside a clump of seaweed they know who you were and where to ship the remains, and DAN insurance even pays for the repatriation of human remains - what a deal! :D

All in all, if you're a traveling diver who finds yourself in a lot of different places, a DAN ID tag is probably a good idea. I wear mine clipped to a hole in the edge of my plate.

If you're an instructor or diver who consistently dives in the same places all the time, they probably know where to ship your remains anyway - and they'll be too busy splitting up your gear among themselves to worry too much about any of the other details!

And don't get too wired over the new laws - being a good samaritan always was a huge risk for the rescuer anyway, not much has changed.

:wink:

Got the tag and it is in my dry suit pocket. Not the best place for it but my DB knows where it is. I think it will be going to the webbing on my plate soon. Or I like the idea of one of the holes in the plate. At any rate, any information that can be given ahead of time to rescuers might save my life. If not, oh well I helped support DAN.
BTW, those of you that don't have the tag, they are rather big. I was surprised.

If you're an instructor or diver who consistently dives in the same places all the time, they probably know where to ship your remains anyway - and they'll be too busy splitting up your gear among themselves to worry too much about any of the other details!
:wink:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom