Dangerous Darwin award nominees or fearless Inovators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More power to a young adventurer and budding engineer. Who knows what he may do someday? How many people woulda thunk Jacques Cousteau would have lived through his early exploits into the briny blue? I congratulate this kid (these kids).

I like the idea of using a squeeze bulb for pressure regulating, pretty clever and simple.

N

Our responses to this kid's endeaver - whether we praise him for engenuity or shame him for "apparent" danger - is a reflection of our own personal intellect, i.e. what we would do, or think as teenagers then.

As one with a few patents today, and generally sharp in understanding physics even when I was a teenager, I don't think this kid just blasted through this project without thinking of possible dangers, and is likely quite cautious. His self-evident scientific mind gives him a heightened perception level that few of us experience (try inventing something, and you'll know what I mean). This perception would easily warn him of any impending A.G.E. danger, as the sense of lung expansion is pretty easy to detect, not to mention Divine protection for innovative thinkers.

Those that shame the kid for "breaking the rules" or being dangerous are also evidently too narrow-minded to ever think outside the box, and consequently too stupid to have ever pulled off a successful experiment like this.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent oppression from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom