Dangerous Hurricane Dean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With any luck at all it will swing further north and spare Cozumel its full force.

Good luck to all and stay safe!

Sue Sue:
If your flying to Coz this weekend, perhaps, reconsider and think about other options. The folks in Cozumel have enough on their mind at this time.

You are correct. They are very busy preparing for the impending storm. Like Rich mentioned early, we are leaving tomorrow, even though we had originally planned to stay until Monday.

Even if your flight doesn't get canceled for this weekend, you could show up with no place to stay. I know the place where we are staying, Villa Aldora, is preparing to close down and the property managers will move to town. So anyone staying here, that is not leaving will have to find another place to stay. Not sure how many other hotels are preparing to close. But when we were out diving we saw A LOT of stuff that was being boarded up already.

Sue Sue:
If your flying to Coz this weekend, perhaps, reconsider and think about other options. The folks in Cozumel have enough on their mind at this time.

I also want to add, that by no means should anyone of us give up on Cozumel. I am merely suggesting before just showing up that some thought be given to your travel plans. If you have plans for the immediate future, check with your hotel and/or dive op before leaving. The local representatives would be the best folks to adivise you for your specific plans.

This is encouraging!!!!!

at200704_model.gif

and so is this...obviously not for those still in the projected path...but it's looking better for us now! Of course now that my house is already boarded up and the boats are coming out of the water...

dean04l.2007081712_anim.gif

hey girl! That's just what I was thinking. Of course I don't mean I want someone else to suffer, either. But right now things are looking much better for you and others on Cozumel.

And having your house already boarded up just means that you've got a chance to practise - and perfect - the drill!

XOXO

Christi:
and so is this...obviously not for those still in the projected path...but it's looking better for us now! Of course now that my house is already boarded up and the boats are coming out of the water...

dean04l.2007081712_anim.gif

Christi, Becky and I have been thinking about you all week. Just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

The latest version of the model Lamont posted shows it now running right over Cuba and heading to New Orleans. Cozumel looks safe in this one.

NBC nightly news just said that all the reports looked like it was going to hit the edge of the yucatan (Coz) and then head to south texas mexico border.

Christi stay safe there. you are welcome to bug out to Atlanta, GA if you need a place to hide!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom