Dangriga, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skeezuba

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to Dangriga in Belize? I am going there in December. Staying at Tipple Tree Beya. Just curious if it is a good place to stay. I will be diving the blue hole and surrounding reef. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

As I suspect that you'll get a better response to this inquiry in the Travel/Locations section dedicated to this region, the Central & South America forum, I have taken the liberty of moving it here.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hi,
If you're staying at the Tipple Tree you're not in Dangrigia you're in Hopkins which is a Garifina village 20 miles from Dangrigia. Who are you diving with? A little home work would be in order. THe Blue Hole is 3 hours by boat from Hopkins. Glovers is about two. The closest dive sites on the southern barrier reef are about 45 minutes away. The Tipple Tree does not have its own dive operation. The Tipple Tree is rustic but nice by Belizian standards. Let me know if you want recommendations, I used to teach there at the Hamanasi resort. Here is a link to theTipple Tree

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom