Dart Will Reopen Le Soleil d’Or on Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am partly happy because the Brac economy could use a boost and I am partly concerned because I hope that this isn't the start of a big development project by Dart in the Sister Islands. At least the Le Soleil d’Or will reopen instead of sitting there almost empty - and that's probably a good thing.

Dart in final stages to acquire Le Soleil d’Or resort | Dart

I heard they are building a hotel next to the beach club. The end is near. It is an awesome shore dive!!

Don’t believe everything you read. Dart Real Estate and Property division has holdings in the Brac for a long time. Picking up this wonderful property by a group with a solid commitment is awesome. Commentary in the media is always meant to incite. Think the dive sites are safe at least for now :)

The CBBR is adding sixteen rooms to their resort is what I think you are seeing, not a new hotel.

They are also adding sixteen oceanfront rooms to LCBR, to the east side of the existing resort.

LCBR linked to an article about the restaurant reopening on Facebook, along with a image of what the new rooms there will look like. (The article mentioned 27 rooms - dunno if that is split between the 2 resorts, or correct.)

&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fcayman27.ky%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F7%2F2019%2F02%2Flcbr.jpg

The CBBR is adding sixteen rooms to their resort is what I think you are seeing, not a new hotel.

They are also adding sixteen oceanfront rooms to LCBR, to the east side of the existing resort.

Interesting news about the additional rooms at the Clearly Cayman Resorts. Reef Divers has been expanding their fleet of boats, LCBR resort just expanded their dining room, and now both resorts are adding more rooms, business must be doing well, good for them!

The Le Soliel D'Or was a totally separate resort on CB, and not at all connected to CBBR. I think they had 9 private villas and a farm and offered a farm-to-table gourmet restaurant. They have been almost completely closed for over a year I think. They were just renting out just one villa in recent months, so the Dart investment in re-opening the resort will be a welcome event on CB and it will provide some job opportunities for locals.

I remember one time we saw a very spiffy looking private jet landing at the CB airport and one of the divemasters from CBBR commented "It's probably for someone staying at Le Soliel" so I am pretty sure that it is designed to attract wealthier clients.

It will be interesting to see what Dart does with the property. From what I could see, they haven't done many changes so far at the Hungry Iguana Restaurant or the nearby rental properties that they purchased on Little Cayman, so hopefully our funky little Sister Islands won't change too much - and the changes will help to make things better for the locals.

I came across this article about Dart's purchase of Le Soleil d'Or on Brac. It is just a marketing piece and doesn't say when they will reopen the full resort, but it does confirm that Dart has purchased the property. Earlier articles just said that they were negotiating/finalizing the purchase.

https://camanabay.com/times/brac-gold/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom