Data Logging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vipa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone know if the Uemis logs enviromental data whilst in standby or does it need to be awake?

For example, when I go on holiday with my Zurich, I will take it on board the plane in my cabin baggage. Is the unit monitoring the environment during the flight then applying it to my profile if I was to say dive a couple of hours after landing or would the unit need to be switched on for the duration for this to happen?

Thanks
Paul

the unit will be 'aware' of the change whilst in standby mode. that is why you should never put it inside a pelican (or similar) case because it will mess up its pressure sensing. no need to turn it on to acclimate :)

Thanks Scoot.....

May I also say that after seeing your photos on your resume I am now hopelessly in love with you! As far as I am aware, you are the only human being who can make wearing a drysuit with a rebreather on look 'hot!' :kiss2:

If you are ever stuck for a husband and find yourself in the UK with nothing better to do, give me a shout..... my wifey may object but that's just something I'll have to deal with :sigh:

Cheers
Paul :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom