Datamask Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go Go Gadget

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My Datamask flooded this weekend. I'm really bummed about it. I have become very dependant on it and didn't feel right switching back to my old computer. I have no idea why the Datamask flooded. It happened just as I reached 65 feet. The screen flashed several times and then turned black. I immediately asscended and when I got back on the boat, the computer side of the Datamask was very hot to the touch. Water was visible in the heads up display and it was blackened. I had considered changing the batteries before this trip just to be sure they were good, but decided to leave it alone. I'm so glad I did leave it alone. I would have thought I caused the flood. I'm now waiting on Customer Support to start their day. I just hope the warranty applies. I will post the outcome.

I called Oceanic today and they told me to send the mask in and they would fix it. They said they had some new beefer parts for the display. They are standing behind their product 100% and I appreciate their effort.

I had my Datamask for just over a year and about 40-50 dives when it did the same thing and Oceanic took care of me and I have had no issues so far but it has only been a few months and 15-20 dives. Keep us informed on the progress..

Stay positive, I just got mine back yesterday. Mine flooded the same way on the 2nd day of lobster season. Oceanic repaired it at no cost to me. Great service, without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom