Day 4 of 4 on my Open Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon-boi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What a day!!! I got my OW CERTIFICATION!!!! :D :D :D :D
3 dives at Buddleigh today. Vis was better than yesterday at 5-6m.
It was a busy day doing our open water dives 2,3 and 4!

Anyway, made it out to the edge of the reef. Crabs all over the place - lots of spider crabs -BIG! and some edibles as well. There were a few tiny hermet but one monster one at 5m. Also saw some flat fish and a few baby cuttlefish. :D

Right now I am really tired so not going to give a full brief on the dives suffice to say the skills were done without any problems by anyone and the last one we only had to do a full mask clear so we had plenty time to look around and feel like 'real divers'! :wink:

YAY!!! I did it!!! :D :D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! i'm so happy for you. is great to hear you so cheerful

Warning: Scuba Dive and scubaboard may cause adiction... But, maybe is too late for you :wink:

Good luck, and dive as much as you can!

Thanks all :D

Paula - yep its too late. Reckon that diving should have a government health warning - seriously addictive :wink:

Bit sore this morning after such a busy day but looking forward to getting out again really soon. Hope to get a dive or two in after work during the week - the instructor from the course said if he was free we could buddy up - a good opportunity to get more experience :D

Really don't wish to go back to work next week and sit behind my desk all day :(
Hey ho! - I guess it paying for the diving though...!

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Jon-boi
Congratulations,
Some warnings are needed here.

From now on you won't see that vacation destination from the same point of view,
Not how far to the beach but how far to the dive sites
Accomodation who cares, do we get beds? yes then that will do.
Scenery, can I see the sea? Ok we will take it
Clubs, Disco, sorry no can do, I have a night dive, and I need to get up early to get my camera ready
Visibility at 30m; the most important thing to decide when you go.

Packing for vacation has a whole new meaning
Fins, Mask, spare mask, regs, wet suit, BCD, save dive kit, fish recognition book, dive camera. Now what have I forgotten, oh yes swimmers ear, and hat for the boat ride.
Half way to airport: Oh well I can buy a teashirt and a pair of shorts when I get there.

:lam:

Hey Victor - u r not wrong....I can see those thoughts in my head already....!

Thanks to everyone on Scubaboard that has helped, lended support and made me laugh! :D

Hi Jon Boi - well done and respect to you! I hope we meet sometime in Budleigh. Glad you are buddying with the instructor - you will feel more confident that way. I was really lucky with my OW in that it was just me and the instructor so much better than the pool situation previously.

Happy Diving!

Babs

I must find out how to edit my profile to start on the logged dives. I seem to have trouble editing this.

Back
Top Bottom