Day trip to dive Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traciedee

Contributor
Reaction score
Would appreciate any suggestions on the easiest way to do a day dive trip to Cozumel. Will take the ferry from PDC. Suggustions on which shop to use is also appreciated.

I was in PDC a couple of weeks ago and did my dives with Jason from fantaseadive. He arranged the ferry tickets, marine park entry fees, all equipment and lunch for the Coz trip. I did 6 ocean dives with him and 2 cenotes dives thru his shop and all of them were very small group and very personal service.

check him out: www fantaseadive com

What shop would be best for YOU in Cozumel depends on what you want. There are 80+ to choose from so just decide on your price range, what sort of boat you like, what service extras you want, etc., and then look for one that best matches your criteria.

If you ask 10 Cozumel divers which shop you should use you'll get at least 6 different answers. There's lots of trip reports as well as many "what's the best shop" threads on the Cozumel board. Head over there and scroll back through the pages. That will be a good place to start getting a list of different shops, who offers what, etc., and then go to their websites and send a few emails.

I hop it is acceptable to recommend someone. I have found him to be very accomodating about special schedules. His name is Alex at sunset divers. They are a very small outfit so they are very easy to work out the details.

www sunsetdiverscozumel com

I just got back from PDC yesterday. While I was there I did three days in Coz. I dove with 'Dive with Martin' and 'Pelagic Divers' this time. I did Pelagic as a special trip - 4 advanced divers to Devil's Throat. They have the fastest boat on the Island and that trip was not for the faint of heart. I do however recommend 'Dive with Martin'. They run a morning AND an afternoon boat. This is good because if you don't want to take the 0700 ferry you can take the 1100 and make the 1230 dive boat. You are done and back in time for a late supper. If you are lucky (as I was last Wednesday) I even did a night dive and was able to make the 2000 (8PM) ferry coming home to Playa. With 'Dive with Martin' you don't have to go all the way to the Caleta to catch your boat because their shop is at the International Pier (half the distance - half the cab fare) and you take the baot from the shop. For me it's the easiest option for a 'Day Trip'. www.divewithmartin.com. You can even download the waiver form on-line and bring it with you. FYI - there are no wrong choices when it comes to diving Cozumel - just lots of people with different right answers. Enjoy your vacation.

Back
Top Bottom