DC1200, my videos are GREEN!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was on cloudy at the time. Here is a video with my dc1000, pretty much the same conditions, same area and same settings on the camera, automatic.
Look at the difference. This is where I'm stumped. What I don't understand is the settings for color, when do I use Red, Green, Sepia? The manual does not explain this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1TG4MeoFJo

Last edited:
Hmm not sure then. I havent taken much videos, but the ones I have taken look more like the one you took with the DC 1000

How are the pictures turning out? Is the white balance on those good?
Afterall.... it is made for photos mainly....

I don't have the DC1200 but from what I'm reading here my guess would be that this camera does the white balance for photos but not videos.... I did a quick google search and didn't find anything to support this though...

If it's the case, you can try and correct it with a video editing software but the result won't be that great since videos aren't saved in RAW mode....

I don't have the DC1200 but from what I'm reading here my guess would be that this camera does the white balance for photos but not videos.... I did a quick google search and didn't find anything to support this though...

If it's the case, you can try and correct it with a video editing software but the result won't be that great since videos aren't saved in RAW mode....

The white balance can be changed while in video mode. Manual white balance does the job for me.

There is a manual white balance option that has to be set. Here are two video's I shot from the same place. 1st one is without correct setting this was the first time I used it. Should have read manual little better.

YouTube - a22shady's Channel

This one is same place however it was cloudy so lack of light did play little role. and used manual white balance setting but again 2nd time using camera so was still some user error but much better color

YouTube - a22shady's Channel

This was my 1st camera ever used.

1st Make sure your set to underwater Mode (Diving) if diving

Then hit mode and switch to the Camera
Then Hit Menu There should be 4 options listed (Size/Quality/Color/ W.Blance)
Select White Balance and you can either Have it at Auto, Or there is a list of conditions/Water trypes you can select from. Or last option at bottom is Manual White Balance.

Slelect this and then (New WB) new white balance, Yes then a little square will appear you simply put the square in something white and take a picture of it. You have now just set the White balance. As for distance I like to stay with in six inches. I use my wrist slate as the white.

Here is some information on setting the white balance PG 27 in the manual

Underwater white Balance settings
BluWtr<25ft (Blue Water less than 25ft depth). This mode is ideal for
shallow diving in &#8220;blue&#8221; water.
BluWtr>25ft (Blue Water greater than 25ft depth). This mode is ideal for
deeper diving in &#8220;blue&#8221; water.
GrnWtr<25ft (Green Water less than 25ft depth). This mode is ideal for
snorkeling or shallow diving in &#8220;greener&#8221; water with higher algae content.
GrnWtr>25ft (Green Water greater than 25ft depth). This mode is ideal for
deeper diving in &#8220;greener&#8221; water with higher algae content.

To change the color correction (White Balance):
1. Press the
MENU button.
2. Select [White Balance] with the
^/v buttons (or Zoom lever) and press
the
SET (or Shutter) button.
3. Select between BluWtr<25ft, BluWtr>25ft, GrnWtr<25ft or GrnWtr>25ft
with the
^/v buttons (or Zoom lever) depending on your type of water

conditions and press
SET (or Shutter) button.