DC500 not focusing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uspap

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a couple dives and everything was fine. Then on the next dive I took one photo and then after that I could not get the camera to focus. I had a strong focus light and so lighting wasn't the issue. I had a fresh battery in and used the same memory card from the other dives. The card only had 10% used on it. It looked like the zoom bar on the side of the screen was illuminated even though I hadn't hit it. Is there any kind of reset for the camera? Should I reinstall the firmware? I was not happy since I was at a new dive site and saw some very cool stuff. Has this happened to you?

Nope, not had the problem. Two ideas come to mind, altho I don't know if they'll help - worth a try.

1: Clean your lens, on the camera, inside and out of housing. BTW, when I'm shooting, I try to keep my housing wet, maybe just wrapped in a wet t-shirt, until I get back to the room, then soak it for an hour - to avoid precipitation of hard salts, fresh or ocean.

2: Download the firmware update. Couldn't hurt.

1: Clean your lens, on the camera, inside and out of housing.

Thinking the same thing. The camera is focusing on what is on the lens and not on what you want to take the picture of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom