DC800 - Changing from Photo to Video Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selachimorpha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there,
I don't have much experience myself with SeaLife cameras, but I bought the DC800 for my girlfriend. I was wondering if there is any way to change from Photo to Video mode while underwater? On land you can switch by moving a slider at the top of the camera (either to take Photos, Videos, or Preview the pictures you have already taken). Once the camera is in the waterproof housing there doesn't seem to be a way to move this slider. Is there some other way to change to Video mode, maybe through the menu, or is it just a question of deciding before the dive if you will be taking photos or videos? I'm very busy at the moment and haven't had a chance to look at the camera myself, was hoping someone on here might have a quick answer!
Thanks!

I recently purchased the DC-000 which has a similar configuration, although probably not exactly the same. You can indeed switch this one UW, using one of the buttons on the back of the camera to toggle. I believe the button changes functions when the camera is set to Sea or External flash mode, since the switch on top cannot be accessed when the camera is inside the housing.

I also have a DC500 and if memory serves, you can change this one as well. I would be surprised then if the DC800 cannot.

Make sure the slide switch on the top is set to stills, not play or video. Then while it's in the housing press the display button on the back. The camera will cycle through 4 or 5 modes one of them being video indicated by the video camera on the display.

Everyone is correct on this thread. Yes you can switch to shoot videos as well as review the pictures you have taken by pressing the DISP button and cycling thorugh. This function is active in the U/W modes ONLY. The other point was also dead on that you have to have the mode slector swich on top set to still pictures when placing the camera in the housing.

thanks for the info..I will pass it on to my grandson...the camera buff...just to make sure he's up on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom