DC800 - Scene Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. If I am using external strobes, I need to set the Scene Mode to External Flash (either manual or automatic). So if I am diving, let's say a local quarry with low vis, and if I want to use the Sea mode with a preset White Balance for Lakes/Rivers, I cannot use the strobes. I would have to detach the stobes and the fiber optic sensor and use the built in flash. But my best quality picture would be to use the stobes with the proper Scene Mode. Am I close to understanding this correctly. Thanks for the help.

Almost right. If you want to use the Sea mode then the internal Flash is supressed, meaning you cannot you cannot use any form of stobe (external or internal), therfore the Sea mode is only of use when in shallow high vis conditions.

I dived with mine for the first time a few days ago and played extensivley with the settings at various depths, given the supression of the flash using sea mode the only way you could "force" the camera to give you any benefit from it is to use a tripod!

I love the camera - I guess due to it being the first / only U/W camera I have used. I enjoyed the shooting / the results of the wreck shots rather than the pesky fish that wont stay in the same place. A totally different dive experience too.

Thank Max. I did not realize that about the Sea mode. Not too many high vis places in my area.

I have a quarry dive coming up on the 27th and plan on taking a lot of pics there to try things out. Should be interesting. Just have to remember to change the auto focus to infinity so there is no lag time in shutter speed.

Back
Top Bottom