Deal or No Deal...Is this a good price on a set of doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arkstorm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can I get your opinion:

Is $500 a good deal for a set of two Worthington HP 100's with Thermovalves 200 bar DIN valves, rotating barrel type isolation manifold and SS twinning bands?

Tanks were manufactured in '04. All items in great condition. Isolator bar was never used

I appreciate your opinions on the deal. Thanks.

Can I get your opinion:

Is $500 a good deal for a set of two Worthington HP 100's with Thermovalves 200 bar DIN valves, rotating barrel type isolation manifold and SS twinning bands?

Tanks were manufactured in '04. All items in great condition. Isolator bar was never used

I appreciate your opinions on the deal. Thanks.

Sounds pretty good to me. Of course, in this economy, you MIGHT find a better deal. May people are quite economically stressed and some will take far less than market value for scuba gear as a result of an immediate need for funds.

"04" tanks are now 5 years old, so there may be a hydro due on the cylinders. This will likely cause you to spend a little on disassembly/reassembly, hydro, and VIP. If the hydro has recently been done, the deal is even better.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

It's a good deal, not spectacular. It's the set I dive, except I have Dive-Rite manifold and valves. If the manifold was never used, does that mean they were never assembled as doubles? Make sure that they fit their manifold/bands.

You say the cylinders are Worthington HP 100s which indicates a steel tank with a service pressure of 3442 PSI. That requires a larger DIN valve capacity then 200 bar

Don't sweat the small stuff. Lotsa shops will short fill them anyway. :D

And even if they don't 200 bar will handle the HP fills. What you have are convertible valves and unless you plan on pumping them to 4 grand it is not a big deal. I have 200 bar on my lp 72's and fill them 3000-3200. The manifold and DIN regs will handle it easily.

You should have no problem getting full fills with the 200 bar valve. That is the valve I have and have been given full fills at many different shops. $500 is a good deal, not great, but good. I would go for it, but maybe ask for a little less to cover te hydro if they are coming due. Good luck

Thanks for all of your responses. To the member who asked above, the manifold is assembled.

The seller came down in price to $500 from $585 and is now firm so I think I'll keep looking.

Thank you for all of your valuable opinions.

Thanks for all of your responses. To the member who asked above, the manifold is assembled.

The seller came down in price to $500 from $585 and is now firm so I think I'll keep looking.

Thank you for all of your valuable opinions.

Give him time and check back.....may want to talk a lower price then.

So long as the burst discs are not LP, I really prefer 200bar DIN valves to 300bar, even on HP tanks. They're easier to deal with and less fragile, and if for some reason you need to use them with yoke regs, you can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom