Decisions, decisions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trista

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all!

I will be staying at the Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda June 3rd - 12th and am planning to dive some of my stay...:D I know it is about 6 miles north of PDC, but are there any dive shops close that are recommended? Riding in the taxi to PDC is not a problem either. However, I was watching the movie Taken and now I kind of developed a phobia for being stolen and sold on the black market...haha.. sad I know. Anyway, I was thinking about using Geofish or Fantasea dive with Jason if either are available. What are your reviews on either of them?

Trista

Hello!

I did look for the on-site dive shop. It is called Aqua Inn and I can not fin one bit of information on them--AT ALL! So, that seems to answer my question about the on-side dive shop. Unless someone knows about them and would like to share.... :) :)

No idea about Aqua Inn. The only on site dive op I've ever used at an AI resort was Maya Diving in Tulum (Dreams Tulum) and they were quite good! At the Riu's we've stayed at the on site shop is Scuba Caribe and I'm not a fan even though I haven't been down with them - it could be their "sales" people who would harass you every time you walked by that soured me on them. When I'm in Playa I dive w/ Jason. I've heard good things about other places as well, I did a cenote dive through Jason w/ Playa Scuba (Luis and Klaus) and they were great as well! We'll be down there 6/4 - 8 diving with Jason so maybe we'll run in to you!

You guys won't find much on Aqua Inn cause its a ill run op that has killed three people in the last 6 months...1 diver (a DSD in a class of 6) and 2 parasailers. With that in mind, I certainly would look off the hotel premises for a dive op...of course I recommend mine! :wink:

You guys won't find much on Aqua Inn cause its a ill run op that has killed three people in the last 6 months...1 diver (a DSD in a class of 6) and 2 parasailers. With that in mind, I certainly would look off the hotel premises for a dive op...of course I recommend mine! :wink:

Is three in six months bad? :D

How are they still around!??!

If you are around, dont forget the divers BBQ every Saturday afternoon at 4 pm and goes to 10 pm...super fun time, will meet a ton of people and can swap dive stories, photos and get recommendations.

The Abyss Dive Center with Tank Ha and Protec sponsor this dive BBQ so that divers can get together. It is on 1st Ave between 10th and 12th street at Hotel Tropical CasaBlanca.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom